Window & Door Workshops
Workshops on How to Make Tilt-Turn, Double Hung, Casement Windows, and Lift-Slide Doors
- Decide the window or door type you want to make or learn.
- Register for one of our workshops focusing on your window or door topic. If you don't see a workshop meeting your interest, contact us. We arrange our workshop agenda based on the interests.
- Let's chat about your background, machinery, tools, supplies, and experience, and confirm the workshop.
- Arrive the day before and depart the day after the workshop.
- We already have the hotel room block, and we can pick you up at the Montrose (MTJ) airport.
- Enjoy the hands-on workshop with small number of attendees. And enjoy Ridgway, Ouray, and even other activities in the area! Some enjoy a mini-vacation with their significant others, too.
- After the workshop, stay in touch on your projects.
Workshop topic and agenda can change, determined together with the interested and signed-up attendees.
At Alpine, we teach woodworkers from across the world how to build beautiful, high-performing windows and doors. Our original Euro Window & Door class is an in-depth, hands-on session which covers the skills and knowledge needed to build European-style Tilt & Turn windows and Lift & Slide doors. When not running Alpine sessions, instructor Joe Calhoon is a master joiner with over 30 years of experience crafting these styles. This workshop will get you comfortable and experienced with all aspects of building windows and doors, from machining and joinery to sourcing components, finishing and glazing, and understanding how to implement these processes at your shop.
This workshop's topics include but are not limited to: stock making (lamination), making and layout of parts, finishing, storm-proofing, milling and joining frame parts, milling sash balances, installation of hardware, gaskets, threshold and glass. As with any Alpine workshop, the limited session sizes allow for the workshop topics to be custom adjusted to fit the group's needs and interests.
Our next Euro & North American Door Workshop will be held on:
February 23 ‐ 26, 2022 (Wed ‐ Sat) - Completed
March 2 ‐ 5, 2022 (Wed ‐ Sat) - Completed
Our next Euro Window Tilt-Turn Window & Lift-Slide Door Workshop will be held on:
September 28 ‐ October 1, 2022 (Wed ‐ Sat) - Limited spots left. Check out also Blues and Brews.
Our next Double Hung & Casement Window Workshop will be held on:
October 26 ‐ 29, 2022 (Wed ‐ Sat) - Still spots open.
Visit our Workshop Checklist for travel and other workshop information.
"It starts with knowledge…"
Alpine Technical Workshop
Euro Windows and Doors.