Advanced Joinery Workshop
Joinery Workshops on How to Use Advanced Woodworking Machines
The workshop is a full size shop with Jointer, Planer, Sharper, Moulder, Drill Press, Clamp and Glue Stations, and many more.
- Consider learning general safety, functions, and Advanced Machining techniques.
- Register for one of our Advanced Joinery workshops. If you don't see a suited date, contact us. We could have updated our workshop focus based on the interests.
- General woodshop experience and comfort using machines will allow you to have some hands-on practice. Or if it's your first time, observe and learn the safety and operations.
- Let's chat about your background, machinery, tools, supplies, and experience, and confirm the workshop.
- Arrive the day before and depart the day after the workshop.
- We already have the hotel room block, and we can pick you up at the Montrose (MTJ) airport.
- Enjoy the hands-on workshop with small number of attendees. And enjoy Ridgway, Ouray, and even other activities in the area! Some enjoy a mini-vacation with their significant others, too.
- After the workshop, stay in touch on your projects.
Workshop topic and agenda can change, determined together with the interested and signed-up attendees.
• Advanced Joinery: USD 1,895.00
Check out the set of link options at the bottom to register or find out more!
What Alpiner says...
We sincerely thank Alpiners who took their time writing up their thoughts and feedback to make our workshop experience better over the years. Here are some of them:
"I left Alpine absolutely confident I could do anything with a shaper. Anything.”
- Mackenzie Strawn, Stayton Wood Windows, Stayton, OR, on Shaper Workshop, June 2013.
"[I] wanted to thank everyone again for putting on a fantastic workshop. Wow, wish I had taken this class a while ago so I could get the most out of my shaper!”
- T.S., FL, on Advanced Joinery Workshop, April 2019.
"Alpine Technical Workshop provides a singular experience for anyone wanting to establish, develop, or refine a modern window business. Not only will you understand the manufacturing aspects in considerable detail, but you will learn how to apply a business model that will accelerate the process. No other educational experience, that I have had compares to this. And I'm 63!”
- Hastings Read, Oakleigh Custom Woodworks, Mobile, AL, on Double Hung & Casement Window Workshop, April 2014.
"This was by far one of the best workshops I have ever attended. Joe's knowledge and calm demeanor provide a model for all to aspire to.”
- Patrick Molzahn, Cabinetmaking & Millwork Program Director, Madison Area Technical College, Madison, WI, on Euro Window & Door Workshop, February 2013.
"The workshop was put together both from a logistic and technical point of view incredibly well ! Both Joe and Greg were very helpful. Joe is very good at treating you as a fellow professional - an equal in the trade, which is important for learning. I appreciate their time and effort, it went very smoothly!”
- Peter Gagliardi, Bancroft Custom Woodworks, Williamstown, MA, on Shaper Workshop, June 2013.
Others Alpiners' feedback can be read here.
Who come to our Advanced Joinery workshops?
Our Advanced Joinery workshop is designed for beginner to intermediate woodworkers looking to upgrade their skills and become proficient in operating a shaper machine. Whether you're a hobbyist who wants to master the basics for projects at your home shop or a professional interested in brushing up with a masterclass, this workshop offers instruction and techniques that will benefit operators of any skill level. With a versatile instructor and small class sizes designed to maximize individual participation and learning, your particular interests and questions can be addressed and worked into the course. Above all, this workshop emphasizes safety and proper technique, and all of our customers learn to operate the machine properly and professionally.
This workshop's topics include machine and tooling setup, spindle alignment, fence positioning and feeding techniques for a shaper machine. Our motto is “It starts with knowledge…”, and our goal is for attendees to leave knowing how to maximize the machine and tooling capabilities of their equipment, and operate a shaper machine safely and with confidence.
For more information on this workshop, we encourage you to contact us with your questions. We'd love to hear about your next project and help you find out if this workshop is right for you!
Register. Explore workshop schedule or checklist.
>> Register for the Apr 26-29 Advanced Joinery Workshop
>> Register for the Nov 15-18 Advanced Joinery Workshop
>> See a complete list of workshops
>> Let's check out the window/door workshops
>> Register for any 2023 Alpine Workshops
"It starts with knowledge…"
Alpine Technical Workshop