The Story of Alpine
Why did we found Alpine?
Sometimes, a conversation and a handshake can change a whole industry. That's how Alpine began in 2009. When Alpine was conceived, the joinery skills needed to build European-style windows were rare, reliably sourcing specialized components and tooling was difficult, and the market wasn't even usually aware wood windows were an option. Were we crazy to look at them and see the future? We didn't think so- after all, well-crafted wood windows and doors have some significant advantages:
- They perform better in maintaining interior comfort and thermal insulation than any other material.
- Their longevity extends as long as the structure they're installed in.
- They've got a timeless, classic beauty you just won't find in metal or vinyl.
The main barrier North American shops faced in producing these wood windows was knowledge.
Fast forward to the present, and Alpine has played an important role in bridging the knowledge gap for North American producers of wood windows and doors. Since 2009, the industry has grown significantly, and demand for wood windows shows no sign of flagging. As far as we've come, producers thinking about building European-style windows will always have questions, the kind which it's tough to find good answers for anywhere else. Questions like:
- How do I learn the new joinery skills and techniques I'll need to build a new window style?
- How can I reliably source the right hardware, gasketing, or aluminum cladding for my windows and doors?
- Where I can I find answers to questions about tools and equipment which are candid, independent, and not driven by sales?
Alpine was founded to provide answers to all of these questions, and more. It’s our goal to equip every attendee with the skills, knowledge, and connections necessary to succeed in their solid wood projects, whatever they might be.